Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving things

#1 comment made during my week at home: "Oh my gosh, your butt has gotten so much bigger!"

Actually, it's supposed to be a compliment. Even my grandpa said so. Even my swim coach, who always eats Thanksgiving dinner with us, had to make a really obnoxious comment about it. I don't think I've ever had a normal experience with him around anyway.

I only managed to get lost twice on my way home. 36 is a tricky exit in Brenham...So I took the "scenic route" home. I ended up taking the Texas Independence Trail through nowhereseville til I got to Belleville and found 36 again, which is actually the capital of nowhersevilleland. But I made it. I also discovered that there are lots of nice people at gas stations and Goodyears. I just walked in and asked how to go places, and people were super helpful. (The ones that spoke English anyway...Me: Do you sell maps? Lady: Uhh map? No speak English. Me: I don't speak Spanish. Lady #2: Well, you're even then!) First big trip by myself wahoo!

This week reminded me of how insane my family is. Whiney but hilarious. I've also realized that I eat a lot healthier at school than I thought. Preeeetty sure I'm subsisting on beans and rice, spinach, soy milk, and bananas. There is no chocolate to be found at home though for the most part....quite unfortunate. We played Wii last night for a long time. I KO-ed everyone-- sisters, mom, grandma, grandpa-- and only lost to my dad in the last round on a judge's decision. That practically doesn't even count, so basically I won. My arms were so sore! Wii is an amazing workout. Speaking of workouts...hahahaha! Other than Turkey Trot, I blame the weather.

Speaking of Turkey Trot....I hadn't run in a week really due to being sick, so I wasn't expecting much. Ended up doing pretty well though. Caught up to this little 16 year old twit who kept glancing at me. We were chatting a bit and I said I was in college blah blah blah and she says, "I know. We talked last year." And that's when it hit me that she was the girl who came up to me last year to tell me that her dad said she was supposed to run just like me and that she could never keep up with me and that I'm basically her hero. (I love coming back to The Bubble, because weird stuff like that happens and for some reason everyone knows me?) So a year later....she latches on to me, after a while finally being nice instead of elbowing me. The whole time she was saying she was tired and just trying to keep up...and then in the last few yards, because I can't sprint worth crapola, she got me. She got me! My whole race felt good and she couldn't keep up, yet I couldn't find some umph at the end. I actually ended up getting 3rd by a few seconds, since I didn't know another girl was in my age group....Kind of a bummer, but I still got a trophy and ran a 36:00 for 5 miles. Pretty decent for recovering from the flu.

I haven't talked about this yet, but my sister just got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. She's pretty miserable and can't really write much at school anymore. They put her on super badass medicine that seems to be working though...My mom practically threw a party last night over being able to see her knuckles. So if you pray, please pray for her. If you send good vibes, send them. If you are an activist, support the cause. The quest to free Molly's knuckles! :)

I don't want to go back to school. They sent out an email about a bad roads advisory saying not to go home if you were under it. Except I'm not. Boo on crunch time!

For some reason, as my mom and Molly and I were shopping today, we noticed that about 90 trillion guys were out. Was it official Guys Go Shopping Day? Not complaining, just saying...I bought some super awesome...FURRY CROCS! I'm in luuurve. (Will take picture when back at school.) I also got knock off Sperry Topsiders, some Grasshopper brand nonsense but tres tres comfy. And some sweaters. Since it's cold!

Oh yeah, I am not employed by Sugar Cycles, so look for me next month! Pinkgurugal, I need to talk to you about a very important matter!

No comments: