Thursday, November 15, 2007

Adventures with Excitable Red Sweater Boy

As I was walking back from a perfunctory violin practicing session, a very excited blonde guy in a red sweater leapt at me, saying, "Do you know where the new auditorium is? I'm on a tour here and want to see it!" (Except imagine that all as 1 word.) I about-faced and took him back through the building, all the while listening to his chatter about being a sophomore at St. Ed's, wanting a change of scenery, how SU looked like New York (??), how he was in business classes, asking me tons of questions. He had that business guy affectation of using your name over and over again. "So, Ursula," *smooth grin* "I think that's a violin, judging by the case, or a small guitar hahahah." "Well, thanks, Ursula, I know you're busy." Etc.

I finally managed to extract myself from him while he sprinted off to look at the metal work exhibit (inciting oohs and exclamations of beauty from him) and further puruse the building that I'm not entirely sure he actually would have a purpose in. He doesn't actually do anything related to fine arts, at least as far as I could extract from him.

But anyway, other than being holed up in the library for hours, attempting to work on the enormous research paper I've put off all semester (not at all by my volition but rather by the constraints of all 500 bil hours of other hw that were more urgent), tonight was Thanksgiving dinner night in the cafeteria. Best pecan pie. Ever. I can't WAIT for next Tuesday.

No comments: