Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lamey McLameo

I'm about as el lamey lameo as they come. Woke up yesterday at the crack of not dawn for once!! and literally ran across campus, looking like a complete lunatic (to the squirrels, since no one gets up on campus til the crack of afternoon anyway). I made sure to walk very carefully over the evil gravelly train track spot this time and then tried to figure out how to use the acorn shaped door jingley thing on the Mr. and Mrs. Babysitting Clients at White House (henceforth known as BCWH) door. I guess plans changed, because it was just Mr. BCWH who needed to work and his wife was in Florida...and the baby was asleep. So it was just me and a precocious 3 year old boy sword fighting and eating grapes. The baby eventually woke up and snotted all over me for a while, but it was an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable morning/ $20.

The rest of the afternoon slipped away as I talked to Ben about some financial issues (stupid internet not trustworthy to document that life hurdle) and then did a super dumb workout at the gym. Venturing out into the dark, rainy night I went to babysitting at the purple house. I was greeted at the door by a quite naked 6 year old autistic boy, his equally naked 3 year old sister, and their barely robed mother. That job was pretty much spent raiding the pantry, watching princess movies, and chasing the boy around making sure he kept his pullups on. The girl was determined to convince me that she was supposed to have Coke, popsicles, and peanut butter cups and was going to have her way if it took a screaming fit. Toooo bad for her! Both kids were actually relatively easy to get to bed, which allowed for a good amount of time for me to do homework while jumping at old house creaky noises. A note on the house: it is so old, there is only 1 bathroom and no shower that I could see. The best part about the whole night was the quite pleasant, probably tipsy, return of the parents with a nice wad of cash-- $75!!!

$95 in one day. That is what I make in 2 weeks at school. My new official backup plan is to be a professional babysitter.

I ended my day of being an independent, moneymakin woman by...doing more homework. I'm the only person I know who was reading a book on environmental justice litigation at midnight on a Saturday (in bed at least).

This morning I woke up and ran with PiC for a little bit, which felt great until a few hours later, after brunch with unexpected awkward guests, when I suddenly could barely move my body. I was so physically weak and exhausted. I can't remember ever feeling that thoroughly unable to move myself to do the simplest things. After a full night of sleep and a light workout, even. After a week, the flu doesn't seem to have left me.

I'm pretty proud of myself, though, because I managed to push through that feeling to wash the dishes, go to work, read my whole book and anthro articles, and write 1/3 of my huge final paper. Excellent work, self.

Oh yes, I almost forgot...I've been having very vivid dreams lately. The other night I dreamt that people were turning into zombies, and a very blue eyed one named Wendy informed me that if I lost the game, I'd die. The game had something to do with Christianity, but I'm not sure what exactly. Last night I actually had a nightmare like I used to have all the time in elementary school about loved ones dying. It started out alright, just hanging out with an ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend...then for some reason my dad was intent on breaking the sound barrier in a car. Whatever the exact details were on the rest of it, I just know it was a terrible dream and I frantically tried to get out of it. I almost couldn't sleep the rest of the night, but I guess my power over my mind is better than I give it credit for, because I'm always able to control leaving a dream right when the really bad part is about to happen. My mom thinks my allergy medicine is messing with my dreams, but I don't know. I think some of it makes sense with what my brain has to work out.

Jiminy cricket, my computer makes terrible noises when running a CD....The entire thing is rumbling, and I think that's probably a bad thing. Why me, God? Why do electronics hate me?

I swear swear swear that I will write days 3 and 4 of Power Shift very soon, over the break.

No comments: