Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Workouts and Babies

Thank you, Cosmogirl, for telling that my big eyebrows are in fashion once again.

Flu shot gave me flu symptoms. Apparently one of those symptoms is a lack of ability to spell, as I've so far tried to spell it as flue and flew.

Despite that, today started off really glorious. I was headed to the exercise bike in the gym, when I saw that the weight room was full of eye candy, so I decided to do med balls first instead. I don't think I've ever been so inspired to do so many pushups. ;) I finally did ride the bike...while reading anthro...Is it really possible to be such a nerdy jock?

I didn't get to shower after working out, but I did eat, of course. Jumped on my bike (looking ridiculous with my giant backpack) and pedaled over to the house where I was babysitting. When I got to the gravelly railroad tracks, I decided to dismount, but lucky me! Just as I got one shoe out, my chain fell off, and I keeled right over with it.

Falling off a bike is a very annoying experience, because you go down in slow motion, beginning your embarrassment from the top of arc of the fall, all the way to the bottom, after several seconds of mortification. It's a long, embarrassing way to the ground. Then there's always the part where you gouge your leg and start bleeding all over. I hobbled up to the porch, where I got to greet my employer in my disheveled state. I played it off like, "Oh look at that, a gaping wound on my leg...Wonder how that got there...Would you happen to have a bandaid?" Wouldn't want her to think that my lack of ability to ride a bike would mean I couldn't care for her 8 month old.



Her baby really is adorable though. I miss babies soooo much!! Good thing I have 6 more babysitting jobs in the next month. It was also awesome to meet this family because they have a lot in common with me. And the dad could be a really good career resource.

I was highly efficient until now. Homework just wasn't really my thing tonight, I guess. Last xc practice tomorrow!! Too bad it's a freaking time trial...

Note to self: write about the stuff scribbled in CP notebook when not delirious

No comments: