Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm sleepy.

I'm probably a terrible person, but oh well.

Just got back from Virginia and ate Tostitos and Halloween candy for dinner at midnight. It was that kind of day. We flew out to Virginia on Thursday, (which made 2 whole days I was in class this week and ooooh by the way, I didn't fail my midterm, which is excellent news), and took 942 years to get from Austin to Houston to Norfolk. Then we sat in the hotel for about 2 days...Well except for eating and looking at the ridiculous beauty that is a place that has real seasons, and we also finally convinced Coach to let us see Jamestown for an hour. Which was suuuuper cool for a history nerd. I got a smooshed penny that said James Fort (wahoo). I could baaarely keep my eyes open yesterday from the time I woke up until the late late hour of 11:30 that I pushed myself to stay up to. Woke up at 8:00 today and had a really terrible stomach but pretended it wasn't. The regionals course was FREEZING COLD. We all looked like snowpeople in our 5 layers of clothing. We played a few rousing rounds of Big Booty (with British accents! try it) and laughed incessantly. After freezing our bumtuskies off in our booty shorts and tank tops (i.e. uniform) and going through insane protocol, we took off on the course, straight up a vertical hill. The first time wasn't so bad, and I got a good start up the middle. Luuucky me, though, my stomach attacked me with a passion in the first mile, and I could barely move and started crying...the next mile was even worse, as I dropped really far back. The horrible wave passed enough at mile 3 for me to rocket power my way up a few spots. I finished in what felt like record time but what was in fact a whole lot slower than Conference, though comparable to the TLU meet. Coach ran up and hugged me while I cried on her out of pain, and she was amazingly nice, calling me "an incredible fighter."

We hung around far too long waiting for results (haha!) and fiiiinally left for the longest, worst plane ride of my life. It felt like having carbonated stomach acid for 6 hours. Somehow I got a remarkable amount of homework done, but on the last flight I just bought Seventeen (guilty pleasure) and learned how to have a great butt and select lip gloss.

So now I'm here. And still haven't written about Power Shift. Yell at me to do so.

No comments: