Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hillizle and Billizle

I had forgotten how weird my thoughts can be when I swim (and at other times too) until today. After a lovely morning of paper editing in bed, I plunged into the icky coldness of the nat pool and just sort of swam without much of a plan. And then...

Hillary Clinton in a do-rag appeared in my head. She was sitting on a stoop, hunched over, rapping about being "misundahstood." Then Bill, with a demonic smile, popped up every few lines in rhythm. This scenario probably says many things about me.

1. I could potentially be crazy.
2. My imagination is extremely wild.
3. I need to make youtube videos.
4. I am a politics nerd. And I love election time way too much.

I also thought somewhat more mundane thoughts. Like how I want to start an SUUU club!!!!! Because I just keep meeting other Unitarians, and that is very exciting! Also how I won't ever have time ever again if I do all of the things I want to do.

Things to blog about:
- Mind manipulation and horseradish
Last Friday I went to our weekly performance on campus, which this time was a "freak-out artist." Basically he did some mind reading, inanimate object animation, and thought manipulation. It was a little bit really alarming. At first I wasn't very convinced, but after he stated random people's childhood addresses, boyfriend's names, locker combinations while blindfolded. These people were not in on it at all either. And I know that because I was one of them. It was kind of hard to explain but basically he somehow got me to say horseradish, a word he had written down yesterday, simply by telling me to think of a condiment. It sounds dumb, but I think he messed with my mind. I can't explain it. Sorry that is a bad story.

- Musical dilemmas
So latest dilemma...Orchestra hurts my back, makes it so I can't nanny part time next semester, and is not as great as I wish it was. The problem? I'm on scholarship. What I want is to switch to voice lessons, but I'd be losing the scholarship. And there's a small chance I might not feel so great about quitting what I've done since I was 6 years old. (But you can't do the same thing forever just because it's what you've always done, right?) My dad is staunchly against it, my mom just wants me to be happy, I'm the slowest decision maker ever...If I do it next semester, it might be rash, but my back will not stop hurting over that semester. And maybe I can make enough money babysitting to make up for the scholarship? I could wait until sophomore year, when I will be even more busy than now, but I just don't know if I want to wait that long...Ugh. Another uninteresting story.

- Sororities
- Anti-stress
- Names
81713728599

1 comment:

Jon said...

you were the horseradish person?! that makes me laugh :-D