Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas

I love when the "what you want is right under your nose" thing comes true. Don't want to get my hopes up, but there is a lot of potential for one of those under-nose situations right now.

There was something else I was supposed to write about but forgot...

Oh ha. Christmas. Lack of brain function due to getting sick on Christmas Eve! Fantastic timing is just one of my many attributes. We spent xmas eve at my grandparents' house, where we ate sandwiches (very seasonal, non?) and watched some scrumptiously corny Lifetime movie that I absolutely insisted on finishing in my feverish haze. Christmas morning was beautiful, crisp, and full of waffles. (And in my case, a stuffy nose.)

Sentimental maturity moment time! For the first time in my holiday history, I truly was much more excited to give than to receive. Seeing my mom's shocked delight at the long-desired naked goddess statue I traversed the state and took years to find for her was such an awesome moment. I put so much personal effort into the presents this year, partly due to lack of funds but mostly due to that magical thing that happens when you leave home and realize how much you love and miss everyone. My presents were great too, though...I'm pretty excited about my new Sirius radio for my drives to and from school!

Dinner was a comical mix of interests. Ham for my grandpa, brisket for my dad, and Tofurky for the vegetarians. Tofurky, you may wonder, is a potentially edible looking meat substitute loaf with stuffing in the middle. It tastes rather like a fake hot dog. Remarkably appetizing with pineapple glaze. I'll post pictures when available...Probably a food to stock your bomb shelter for nuclear holocaust. Later that night we went to see Juno, a movie I completely reccomend. Juno has that "realness" factor and a lot of humor. Cute, artsy, and offbeat.

Halleluah, I just noticed that my nose feels really clear!

-----
5:57 edit

I've been sitting behind this counter for 6 hours now...But it's pretty really cool when your boss says, "I'm really dreading when you go back to school."

No comments: