Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ambiguity is kind of exciting, but mostly it just sucks.

In other news, today was my first day of work- and I am exhausted. First I learned to use the cash register and answered the phone 9 billion times. The rest of the day was primarily spent sorting through two giant boxes of merchandise, attempting to match a jumble of labels to the different items. I think I did a pretty darn good job too, so you're welcome to whoever gets to finish that task now that it's super organized. A certain coworker also made me go to Chipotle with them, which felt somewhat like something I shouldn't be doing, but it was ok. Chipotle is good. Back at the shop, this one little girl with face paint totally made my day. She rolled by on a little pink bike and said, "Hello! I'm a kitty! This bike is perfect, my daddy says, because it has training wheels," and talked to me for quite a while. I love kids. :)

Then I got to sit through a band concert at my old high school. Funny how the memories flood back and sometimes don't feel so good. But I somewhat actually missed the school? My principal was ridiculously excited to see me, and gave me such a big hug. My good friend's mom also attacked me with joy and told me I had to go to India with her. A typical day in the life of me...

Now I'm just icing my hip-ish area, which I think I might have strained. So much for my winter running program.

---
12:21 am edit:

Thank you, Itunes, for soundtracking my misery. No matter how hard I try to make people happy, I always seem to find a way to hurt them in my earnesty. In fact, the harder I try not to hurt them, the more I usually do.

No comments: