Monday, October 29, 2007

You know you go to SU when...

...there are more Hispanic people, and certainly more white people, in ASIA club than Asian people.

Also...when people tell you that they heard via Tri Delts that you are dating someone and then proceed to tell you that if you keep your business personal, people will consider you shady.

Welcome to Mouthwestern.

---

Last night at about 12:30, my lovely roommate decided it was the time to bring up how she thought I should maybe move out next semester. Now before this sounds too bad, she means it for my sake, not because we don't get along, because we do. But our sleeping hours and lifestyles in general are completely opposite, and I've gotten very little sleep with the amount of noise that continues until 3:00 or 4:00 every morning. She said she feels bad that I should have to sleep on someone's futon the night before my conference meet so that I would get sleep, and that I have to go in the hall on a nightly basis to (futilely) ask them to be quiet. The RAs don't particularly seem to be doing anything about it either.

The story goes that a girl down the hall, whom we'll call Laverne, just for kicks, came to my roommate, (alias Marge), complaining that she and her roommate, Delilah, are not at all vibing in their schedules, or personalities for that matter. Laverne and Delilah don't really even talk to each other...Laverne is a wee bit on the (euphemism alert) serious side and prefers Gray's Anatomy to homework by far, while Delilah is an intentional social outcast English major. Delilah and I get along fine, though at times I find her to be a bit much. However, I, like her, do prefer Mr. Darcy to McDreamy. She also does happen to own a bicycle, which is more than I can say for anyone else on my floor. She's not even there half the time, especially now that she has a new boyfriend, who I believe is named Cake.

But I like my room! It's bigger and arranged just how I like it. I have my bed situated in a perfect little cave and just got all of my posters up. I don't think there's anywhere to put my bike in Laverne and Delilah's room (though there isn't really in here, as I crash into it 3544 times a day). Their bathroom situation is better, though...there's doors instead of curtains and a shower with a head that doesn't fall down and soak the floor. But...the room is right by the entrance to the hallway and the building! How is that going to be any better than the middle of the hallway where I am now?

Recap:

Pros:
1. Potentially, possibly, maybe quieter
2. Roommate who sleeps normal person hours
3. Roommate who is usually with boyfriend named Cake
4. Bathroom with door
5. Roommate has doormat with gnome on it

Cons:
1. Potentially not quieter
2. Have to move stuff
3. Smaller room with inferior furniture arrangement options (+ my bike may have no home!)
4. Awkward roommate

Help?

No comments: