Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh, Wednesday.

Apparently there is a lot to me that I never knew...

I was told today that:

1. I very often have a euphoric aura of excessive excitement and happiness
2. I talk way too fast (which made me realize that I forget to breathe a lot)
3. I am a badass?
4. I guess I'm pretty infamously overscheduled...Trevor: "And why would I hang out on campus? You probably have to go run, then have choir practice, save the spotted tree frog, and do 10 hours of homework." Touchee.

It's really funny how coming to college has been a chance to see how people who haven't known me forever see me. I just take for granted how my high school friends see me. These people here don't know what I was like 4 years ago or even this summer. It's pretty surprising and sometimes funny to hear their evaluations of me, especially when we have the "you aren't what I thought you were at first" conversations.

What's even weirder is that people see me in such cool ways. Somehow I've managed to come off as this person I've always wanted to be in a lot of ways (minus 2 and 4 from above). It's amazing how I've changed over the last few years and especially how I apparently don't come off the way I see myself. People see me as super happy? Badass? Someone else called me trendy (though my adviser said the exact opposite). Someone even called me passive and chill a few months ago(?!?)

On another note...
I like the weather, but I don't like being cold.

Power Shift in 1 WEEK. I am so petrified and bewildered but excited. That's just how lifechanging things seem to go.

I wish my brain would shut up and stop going in 50 directions and just focus on the midterm that is slowly devouring my soul. I wish I could just have a magical genie tell me what to major in, make my class schedule for me, pay for my plane ticket, take my test, and clean my room.

But seriously, what on earth am I supposed to major in? I don't like any of them, but I don't want the stress of creating my own. (Thank God I go to a school that tailors things just to me, though, and an adviser who gives me personal attention.) I don't want to be a Soc major and have to be a social worker or a Psych major and have to be a psychologist. I don't like political theory or I'd do Poli Sci, which would seem conducive to what I want to do. Anthropology doesn't have classes I want. Business requires calculus and selling your soul. I'm actually thinking about minoring in Economics, which means taking a few really crappy classes up front but some good ones later, and it's pretty useful in just about everything. It seems early to pick a major, but I'm going to be a sophomore in this upcoming spring semester, and I'm supposed to have a 4 year plan. I don't even know what I want to wear tomorrow, much less what to do with the rest of my life...

On a closing note, I just heard someone say, "the Jew that stole Christmas!" in describing my suitemate and found that rather amusing.

1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

the wonderful thing about change is turning that new leaf... i love your optimism! keep rambling! :)