Monday, October 29, 2007

I have unleashed a monster onto the blogosphere with this brain of mine, always thinking of things to post. Pinkgurugal is right, it's a serious addiction.

And thank you to Jacob, my rather exceptionally loyal reader, for dubbing my blog "better than Gray's Anatomy." While it is debatable to some, I am flattered.

The day gets juicier. Around noonish, as I sat at my computer checking my email, my RA enters the room. I greeted her, as I do all people who come in the room, with the usual, "She isn't here," (she being my roommate). For the first time pretty much ever, though, she sat down to talk to me. She went straight to the point.

"So Marge told me that you want a new, quieter room." I sputtered a bit, not quite sure what to think of this declaration of my intent that I never had any part in declaring. I replied that I hadn't really said that but that I wouldn't mind a quieter location. She immediately launched into an action plan of finding me a new room, possibly one even to myself. (Myself! Alone! Me! I could dance around in my underwear all day long!) Without me saying much of anything, it was determined that we needed to contact the dean of student thingers and that there was a potential empty room upstairs. I'm pretty sure she was just excited to have a rather RA-like thing to do.

Conflicted, I decided to take a little field trip upstairs, to the land of girliness I had never entered, to investigate the empty room situation. After a bit of creepy lurking and employing the help of a random passerby, I found said empty room. All I can say is that I want it I want it I want it!! On the end of the hall, 2 beds, a bathroom with a door, a window I can open, and blissful, beautiful silence. Apparently the other girls had commandeered the room as a living room of sorts, but I'm sure that can be worked out.

Feeling a bit better, I strolled outside and came across Runnergirl, a good friend. I began to tell her my story, when Partner in Crime (PIC) walked up and interjected that she'd already heard this story. Flabbergasted, I asked how on earth she knew. She proceeded to tell me that three people from my hall are in her class and were talking about it, deciding many things about my feelings for me. (I'm glad I didn't have to go to the trouble of deciding my own feelings, because that might have been stressful.) All in all, I'm just quite perplexed at how this entire scenario occurred without me ever really being involved.

As I said before, Mouthwestern is no myth.

On a somewhat better note, upon telling a friend about my travails, they proceeded to pray with me in the middle of the snack bar. I was a bit surprised, but it's always nice to know someone is looking out for you.

---
I rather enjoyed watching a budding romance from the back of orchestra today. A mysterious new fellow, Bass Guy (BG), and a certain string strumming blonde were all smiles and googley eyes. I kept smiling to myself- it was practically more than I could bear to watch, the way BG looked at her so lovingly. And they never knew that I had a sneakster eye on their whole affair. We shall see how this romance pans out...

I should be studying for my massive midterm. Too bad I have to go listen to the president of the school blabber about nothing for an hour...I wonder if he'll notice me making flashcards? This time tomorrow, my test will be doney done doneeeeeee.

P.S. I realize that I am saying some things on the internet that could be dangerous in the wrong hands, but only a select few are privy to my thoughts, all but one of whom are far removed from the premises.
P.P.S. If anyone can tell me how to make my blog unugly, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

okay so i keep my camera and camera phone handy all the time. then i upload into my laptop and upload them into my posts. :)

keep writing!