Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hi, my name is Ursula, and I'm an Afghani accountant

I find it very amusing that my user profile defaults that I am an accountant from Afghanistan, and I don't think I'll bother changing it either.

So I figured out the major for me, if only it existed: Social, Political, Economic, and Environmental Organization and Change and How to Write About it in a Highly Effective Way. The thing is that I don't want one of those things more than any other-- I don't want to focus just on environmental things or political things or economic things, etc. and my beloved SU does not offer any kind of journalism (but I don't think I could focus on just that either!) I have til 1:00 pm tomorrow to figure out next semester at least...

---
5:00 update

In light of having spent the entire day feeling like I was going to hurl and running on nothing but 2 pieces of bread for lunch, and also having been kind of a crabapple, here is a list of things that are good:

1. The weather is my absolute favorite in the entire world-- clear, blue sky and a cool, comfortable breeze. (And I got the windows open finally!)

2. The new Fine Arts Building (known to be the once and future home of a phylum of creatures known as "fabbies," who rarely emerge from their haven and who speak only in esoteric tongues to each other) is almost finished! I can tell this because of the 2 rather anorexic shrubs that are sitting in pots, waiting to be planted, next to the dwindling construction zone. The day that the FAB is complete will be a lovely day, because I will only have to lug my violin case 100 yards instead of a quarter mile.

3. On a continuing violin tangent (can you tell I just practiced??), I checked my string tuning today with an electronic tuner, and all of my strings were spot-on perfectly in tune. I'm pretty sure that's skillz right there.

4. Our $4 Elvis/Dia de los Muertos skull is coming in handy for our hallway decorating contest. It's currently in the wall with a stuffed mouse in its eye socket, next to a skeleton in a wifebeater.

5. Tomorrow is Friday, and my family is coming!

2 comments:

pinkgurugal said...

if you want to write, you DO NOT need a journalism. take up a field, like english that is about writing...trust me!

Jane said...

Hi Ursula. I hear your a phenom cyclist from Sugar.

I agree with Chau, major in English. I did and actually went to medical school and wouldn't change it for the world. An understanding and mastery of words and language helps in any field.